Why EVOLVE Suite?
The EVOLVE software suite from KOTEM optimizes design, production and inspection processes enabling manufacturers to shorten product design & development time, improve quality, and reduce costs through improved efficiency.
- Supports Model Based Definition (MBD). Design information is shared effectively across all departments and processes.
- Shortens Development Time. Designers get GD&T tolerances correct the first time.
- Improves Quality. Consistent interpretation and implementation of the GD&T standards throughout the Suite eliminates transcription and interpretation errors.
- Implementation Flexibility. Deploy enterprise-wide or by department at a time.
Design, Build, Validate, and Communicate GD&T Tolerances
EVOLVE Suite is part of a Model-Based Enterprise
Advanced manufacturing companies are seeing the value of being Model Based Enterprises (MBE). In an MBE an annotated digital three-dimensional (3D) model of a product serves as the authoritative information source for all activities in the product’s life cycle. The shared model makes an MBE more efficient.
MBE strategy has clear benefits for manufacturers including:
- Reduced time to market
- Savings in production costs; improved tool design and fabrication
- Fewer overall assembly hours
- Less rework and scrap
- A streamlined process and better communication of engineering changes
There are two prerequisites to implementing MBE: The first is the creation of annotated 3D models, known as a Model-Based Definition (MBD). This requires CAD files that incorporate product and manufacturing information (PMI), a form of 3D annotation that includes details such as dimensions, GD&T, notes, surface finish, and material specifications. The second prerequisite is putting the MBD into a format where it can be readily used in downstream life cycle activities.
Create PMI once, use often
The core tenet of MBE is that models drive all aspects of the product life cycle and that data in the models is created once and reused in all downstream processes. Data reusability requires computer interpretability, where an MBD can be accessed and used by all downstream applications.
How KOTEM EVOLVE helps
The EVOLVE Suite enables clear communication of product or part dimensions AND associated tolerances. It enables everyone involved in producing a part to understand everything needed for quality production. And it protects profit margins.
Imagine a digital conduit in which design, production, and inspection information flows smoothly through an organization’s processes. EVOLVE Suite is the conduit that enables MBEs to use MBDs to achieve peak efficiency while maintaining top quality.
EVOLVE Suite is several software products that can work as standalone modules or as a system-wide solution to address the GD&T needs of all users in the enterprise.
- The Suite provides a common GD&T rules engine across the enterprise assuring consistent interpretation and implementation of the GD&T standards, eliminating human judgment errors.
- The Suite helps designers understand and apply GD&T correctly by proofing their CAD models. Its explanatory system guides the designer and references the associated section of the standard. Getting the design right from the beginning provides a huge boost to efficiency.
- Integrating EVOLVE SPC lets manufacturers visualize the model and associated statistics in context, providing a deeper understanding of the impact of product tolerances on various operations.